Photograph of The Pound House, Twerton, Bath

Reference Number
1266/8
Alternative Reference Number
26915; 55649
Level of Description
Item
Title
Photograph of The Pound House, Twerton, Bath
Date
c.1900s
Description
The pound was used to hold stray animals. The oldest part of the building, to the left, was known as the Blind House. The barn to the right was added around the 1890s when it became a contractor's yard for the Bath District Council. Now the site of 89-96 High Street (part of the Parade).
Placeholder image - no image is available for this record